Game Development Reference
2. Click OK and then click OK again when the class definition warning dialog box appears.
3. Flash opens the HillButton symbol editing mode. You'll notice that the timeline looks quite a bit
different from the timeline of Movie Clip symbols. Create a new layer and label your layers
background and foreground . Figure 2-48 shows what your timeline should look like.
Figure 2-48. Create a background and foreground layer.
You'll create a rectangular button with a gradient background fill. Gradients are color fills that gradu-
ally change from one color to another. They're often used to create an illusion of shallow depth or
surface texture. Do the following:
1. Select the Rectangle tool.
2. Choose a stroke color, thickness, and line style from the Properties panel. For this example,
I chose a thickness of 2.0 and a Ragged line style.
3. Click the Fill box. Select the white-black linear gradient swatch from the color palette. (Swatches
are color samples. The white-black gradient swatch is at the very bottom left of the color pal-
ette.) Figure 2-49 shows what this looks like.
Figure 2-49. Select a gradient fill.