Game Development Reference
1. If the waves extend too far...
2. Draw a black rectangle that covers
the section that extends
3. Select the black rectangle with the
4. Delete the rectangle. The section of
water that it covered will also be deleted.
Figure 2-28. Trim the blue water graphics.
Now let's make the water transparent. You can do this by converting it into a graphic symbol and then
setting its alpha (transparency) property to 40% , as follows:
1. Select the water with the Selection tool.
2. Select Modify ° Convert to Symbol .
3. The Convert to Symbol dialog box opens. Give the symbol the name Water and change its Type
to Graphic . Figure 2-29 shows an example of what this looks like.
Figure 2-29. Convert the water to a graphic symbol.