Game Development Reference
2. Open Flash. Select File ° New and choose ActionScript File from the New Document dialog box
(see Figure 1-1).
Figure 1-1. Create an ActionScript file.
3. Click OK .
4. A new ActionScript file will open called O_nelp)1. Select File ° Save As . Enter the new file
name Main.as . Save it in the DahhkSknh`Lnkcn]i folder that you created in step 1.
This new file, I]ej*]o, is the AS file in which all the programming will take place. (Make sure
that you spell the name with a capital letter M; your program might not work otherwise.) At
the end of this chapter, I'll discuss a feature of programming practice called naming conven-
tions, which explain some of the odd capitalizations that you might notice in this project. For
now, just make sure you follow the suggested names exactly.
5. You now need to create an FLA file. Select File ° New and choose Flash File (ActionScript 3.0)
from the New Document dialog box.
6. Click OK .
7. A new Flash file called Qjpepha`)- will open. Select File ° Save As . Enter the new file name
helloWorld.fla . Save it in the DahhkSknh`Lnkcn]i folder, along with the I]ej*]o file.
8. Check the DahhkSknh`Lnkcn]i folder and make
sure that it looks something like Figure 1-2.
Figure 1-2. Check to make sure that the FLA
and AS files are in the same folder.