Game Development Reference
Making it bigger and smaller
There's so much fun you can have playing around with Movie Clip properties. The next thing you'll do
is tear a page out of Alice in Wonderland and use the o_]haT and o_]haU properties to make the cat
shrink and grow in size:
1. Create a button called Cnks>qppkj.
2. Create another button called Odnejg>qppkj.
3. Double-click the DehhL]ca symbol in the Library to enter symbol editing mode.
4. Select the buttons layer if it isn't already selected.
5. Drag an instance of the Cnks>qppkj onto the DehhL]ca symbol's stage. Give it the instance
name growButton .
6. Drag an instance of the Odnejg>qppkj onto the DehhL]ca symbol's stage. Give it the instance
name shrinkButton . The DehhL]ca symbol might now look something like Figure 4-8.
Figure 4-8. Add grow and shrink buttons to the HillPage symbol.
7. Add the following code to the I]ej*]o file: