Game Development Reference
Answers are in the appendix.
1. What does an evaluation function do? How is it similar to or different from
2. What is a heuristic? How do heuristics help?
3. What is pruning and how does it help?
4. What is the most common drawback to look-ahead?
1. Have the fox look ahead when the line is broken. Note if this improves the
AI for the fox.
2. Change the way black squares are counted and examine the effects on the
end of the game.
[Dill08] Dill, Kevin. ''Embracing Declarative AI with a Goal-Based Approach.''
AI Game Programming Wisdom 4 , pp. 229-238. Charles River Media, 2008.
[Knuth74] Knuth, Donald. ''Structured Programming with go to Statements.''
ACM Journal Computing Surveys, Vol 6, No. 4, Dec. 1974. p. 268.
[Wikimedia04] Gdr (original uploader). 2004. Available online at http://